Saturday, December 25, 2010

will it be that joke that I told, and told 'til it got old?

If you live somewhere where it doesn't snow, count your fucking lucky stars. I had to work until a little after six last night, and set out in the snow storm to try and drive home for Christmas. The six-lane expressway that I have to take was absolutely terrible. I couldn't tell which lane that I was actually in, I went about twenty miles an hour, and somehow managed to slide twice. The second time I tried to correct, over corrected, and nearly slid into a car next to me. I thought I was going to have a heart attack. My heart was beating out of my chest, my hands were shaking, and it took everything that I had not to cry.

I drove for over an hour, driving twenty miles an hour, and made it to a pizza place on the main road. I called my mom and she had to come pick me up, because I was a nervous wreck and I knew that I had reached my limit.

It is TERRIFYING driving in snow like that. Shit.

My mom picked me up in my dad's truck, which has four wheel drive, and we made it to my aunt's for Christmas Eve dinner. I downed half a bottle of sangria before I could finally chill enough to even think about anything else.

Fuck. I hate goddamn snow.

So today I slept until two in the afternoon, ate a lot of food, drank nearly an entire bottle of wine by myself, and watched the rest of season one of Battlestar Galactica (which I'm in love with now, by the way). I have to go in tomorrow to work from 3-10 to deal with douche bags who can't stay home for a couple of days after Christmas. I fucking hate the holidays.

:)

Not the Sun - Brand New

No comments:

Post a Comment